Search This Blog

Saturday, June 9, 2012

theBalm Hot Mama & Pinky Coral Blush Swatches

What is it about shimmery pinky-coral blushes that is so amazing??? The first blush I ever had was Nars Orgasm--I was (and still am) obsessed with the beautiful and flattering coral/pink/gold sheen it would give my cheeks. Since then I've acquired quite a few more blushes in a similar hue. theBalm Hot Mama is quite possibly my favorite one out of all the pinky corals I have!!

theBalm packaging is so frickin adorable. I also like that it's thin so you're not wasting packaging! There is a magnetic closure as well.



theBalm's Hot Mama blush is described as "A true all-in-one essential: sexy shadow, striking blush, subtle highlighter, and light-reflecting lip finisher tucked inside a go-anywhere compact." It is a warm coral with a touch of golden shimmer and a touch of pink as well. The color is not only amazing and pigmented but the texture is really incredible--it's so buttery, making it very easy to apply & blend. The blush also lasts all day for me. I really think any skin tone can pull this color off!! I especially love to wear this one in the summer when my skin is a bit tanner and I favor more of a shimmery cheek.


L-R Nars Orgasm, theBalm Hot Mama, Benefit Coralista, Mac Springsheen
Nars Orgasm has more pink in the base color and the texture is not as buttery as the others. I also think the gold shimmer running through Orgasm is a bit chunkier. I seriously love my Nars blushes, but I have to say, Orgasm's texture is grittier than all my other ones! Very weird since all the other ones are lovely. Benefit Coralista is lighter and I found it to be a less pigmented as well. Mac Springsheen is most similar, however I much prefer the texture and longevity of Hot Mama---Springsheen tends to fade much sooner on my cheeks. 

I believe Hot Mama retails for $19 but if you're in the US, definitely make sure you check your local TJMaxx & Marshalls---I was able to find it for under $10, making it an even more incredible deal. Hautelook also has theBalm on there every once and a while. I seriously think this blush is gorgeous and gives the most incredible glow to your cheeks. I can't say enough good things about it. If you have been dying to try the ever popular Nars Orgasm, definitely give Hot Mama a try--I much prefer the texture and definitely the lower price point!!

What do you think of thebalm Hot Mama? Is this the kind of blush color you'd wear? Do you have a favorite coral pink? :)

5 comments:

  1. I really really want 'Frat Boy',but 'Hot Mama' looks so pretty,too!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try The Balm's blushes! I have Orgasm, and I use it all the time. I would love to have more blushes similar to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, lacking the ruddiness of Orgasm, I think I'd love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my go-to's...finishes looks beautifully. Great formulation too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the helpful review and swatches! Glad to hear that you're loving Hot Mama :) I already own Orgasm and Coralista, but this post (combined with the truly adorable packaging) has inspired me to give Hot Mama another look!

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...