theBalm Hot Mama & Pinky Coral Blush Swatches

What is it about shimmery pinky-coral blushes that is so amazing??? The first blush I ever had was Nars Orgasm--I was (and still am) obsessed with the beautiful and flattering coral/pink/gold sheen it would give my cheeks. Since then I've acquired quite a few more blushes in a similar hue. theBalm Hot Mama is quite possibly my favorite one out of all the pinky corals I have!!

theBalm packaging is so frickin adorable. I also like that it's thin so you're not wasting packaging! There is a magnetic closure as well.



theBalm's Hot Mama blush is described as "A true all-in-one essential: sexy shadow, striking blush, subtle highlighter, and light-reflecting lip finisher tucked inside a go-anywhere compact." It is a warm coral with a touch of golden shimmer and a touch of pink as well. The color is not only amazing and pigmented but the texture is really incredible--it's so buttery, making it very easy to apply & blend. The blush also lasts all day for me. I really think any skin tone can pull this color off!! I especially love to wear this one in the summer when my skin is a bit tanner and I favor more of a shimmery cheek.


L-R Nars Orgasm, theBalm Hot Mama, Benefit Coralista, Mac Springsheen
Nars Orgasm has more pink in the base color and the texture is not as buttery as the others. I also think the gold shimmer running through Orgasm is a bit chunkier. I seriously love my Nars blushes, but I have to say, Orgasm's texture is grittier than all my other ones! Very weird since all the other ones are lovely. Benefit Coralista is lighter and I found it to be a less pigmented as well. Mac Springsheen is most similar, however I much prefer the texture and longevity of Hot Mama---Springsheen tends to fade much sooner on my cheeks. 

I believe Hot Mama retails for $19 but if you're in the US, definitely make sure you check your local TJMaxx & Marshalls---I was able to find it for under $10, making it an even more incredible deal. Hautelook also has theBalm on there every once and a while. I seriously think this blush is gorgeous and gives the most incredible glow to your cheeks. I can't say enough good things about it. If you have been dying to try the ever popular Nars Orgasm, definitely give Hot Mama a try--I much prefer the texture and definitely the lower price point!!

What do you think of thebalm Hot Mama? Is this the kind of blush color you'd wear? Do you have a favorite coral pink? :)

Comments

  1. I really really want 'Frat Boy',but 'Hot Mama' looks so pretty,too!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try The Balm's blushes! I have Orgasm, and I use it all the time. I would love to have more blushes similar to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, lacking the ruddiness of Orgasm, I think I'd love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my go-to's...finishes looks beautifully. Great formulation too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the helpful review and swatches! Glad to hear that you're loving Hot Mama :) I already own Orgasm and Coralista, but this post (combined with the truly adorable packaging) has inspired me to give Hot Mama another look!

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bronze Eyeshadow Swatches: Mac Tempting, Urban Decay Smog, Nars Kalahari, & Inglot

Nars Galapagos Swatches and Thoughts

Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush: Lover's Blush