Wet n Wild Comfort Zone Palette Swatches & Comparisons

I was at Walgreens and finally decided to purchase another Wet n Wild 8 pan palette. I really love the blue palette, Blue Had Me At Hello (see my other post here! It's one of my very first blog posts too! hehe) and decided why not! It was $4.99 and for this type of quality, its a complete steal. Here's some pictures and very hastily done swatches!



Swatched the left column top to bottom first, then right column! Are these pigmented or what!
The Wet N Wild eyeshadows are really buttery soft and very vibrant. The only bad thing is that they are almost too soft, so you have to be very careful when applying. Make sure to pat them onto a good base to avoid lots of fallout and don't over blend! That's just my two cents on how to use them! :)
Left Column 
Right Column

Tried finding some dupes among my eyeshadows. You may have to click on the pictures to enlarge in order to read the eyeshadow names on the pictures!

 Ambition is more gold, femme-fi is more peach, and virgin is not as shimmery!

 Mac Jardin aires is a more shimmery pinky coral while Wet n Wild is more brown while Urban Decay Sin is more cool and pinker.
 Mac tempting is much lighter and a touch more orange while Urban Decay is a bit darker but in the same shade!
 Now THIS is a dupe! Can you even tell which is which? Wet N Wild is on the left while Nars Mekong is on the right. The color is almost exactly the same, but to be honest I prefer the Nars texture for this one. For such a dark color, I find Wet N Wild's buttery, soft texture to be more difficult to work with than the Nars (which is also buttery, but not as crumbly if that makes sense!). Also, all the fallout you see in the picture is from the Wet N Wild. Other than that, this is a really amazing dupe and if you want a cheaper alternative to Nars Mekong, you won't get closer than this!
 Couldn't find anything similar to the right column browbone color. I've heard that it's supposedly a dupe for Mac Vex, but I don't have that color.
For the right column eyelid color, I don't have any dupes (I really don't own many true greens! So this is great for my eyeshadow collection!) Rock & Republic Chronic is a darker.
 Couldn't find a dupe here either. Mac Humid and Rock & Republic Envy are much more green while Rock & Republic Snakeskin is not nearly as dark. In person the Wet N Wild color has a much greener tinge to it (the camera didn't pick it up completely).
Ahhh my favorite color of the palette. I don't have any dupes for this duochrome although I've heard Mac Club is supposedly similar. I swatched Mac Shimmermoss next to it since I thought I thought the teal/blue flash in the Wet N Wild looked similar! On the right is Nars Dogon, which is also a duochrome (completely different shade though and is more taupe than brown). Very pretty color and I would have gladly paid more just for this color!

Hope the swatches and pictures were helpful! I found mine at my Walgreens. I honestly feel that these eyeshadows are incredible quality for the price tag. I can be somewhat of an eyeshadow snob since they are my favorite makeup product and these are definitely in the same league as many of my more expensive eyeshadows! I also love that many of these colors are unique to my collection (especially the right column since I don't own a lot of greens!).

Have you tried Wet n Wild eyeshadows? What do you think?

Comments

  1. This palette looks gorgeous! I"m putting in an order for it as we speak... the definer in the green side reminds me of MAC Club, which I don't own but I'm happy to get the dupe version. Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this palette and love it the left side is great for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beyootiful swatches...I just wish these palettes were easier to find! I swear they seem to sell out all of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love the pigment in these shadows. awesome swatches. how are you by the way? do u remember me? We swapped on Makeupalley? hope all is well

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah this is a great palette! Amy, what's your s/n on mua!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this palette is gorgeous all the colours are amazing!

    shel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The swatches are just amazing. I totally agree with you. For this type of quality at the price, it's definitely a steal!

    By the way, you have a great blog, and I'm your newest follower. Proud to be one :) I look forward to your future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the blog! you are so inspirational and interesting! if you get the chance to check out my blog i would love to see what your opinions are on it! :)

    follow me?
    www.so--hi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bronze Eyeshadow Swatches: Mac Tempting, Urban Decay Smog, Nars Kalahari, & Inglot

Nars Galapagos Swatches and Thoughts

Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush: Lover's Blush