Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Eyeshadows

Hey everyone! How's the end of February going for you? Last week I picked up two of the Maybelline Color Tattoos that just came out in the last few months. I've heard so many wonderful things about them that when Rite Aid had them buy one get one 1/2 off and I had a $3 coupon, I couldn't resist! I bought two colors, Tough as Taupe and Pomegranate Punk.
Tough as Taupe on left and Pomegranate Punk on the right
It was so difficult to pick out just two colors, but I thought these two looked pretty unique and I don't have anything like them in my collection!
As you can see, they are housed in little glass jars--functional and cute! You can see the color from the bottom (although I forgot to photograph that!). Their packaging is actually quite similar to the Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadows (they have identical round, black caps at least!)

They are cream eyeshadows, unlike the L'oreal infallible eyeshadows which are finely packed loose eyeshadow--I've heard many try to compare them since they came out around the same time but they are completely different products. Pomegranate Punk and Tough as Taupe are both very smooth, creamy and opaque in just one swatch--something I was particularly impressed with. They also dry fairly quickly which is something I like in a cream shadow. They really do remind me of my Mac Paint Pots in texture!

Here's the swatches:

Tough as Taupe is a beautiful matte taupe. There's a bit of mauve and grey in there as well and it contains no shimmer. A perfect base to neutral taupe looks!
Pomegranate Punk is a deep rosey burgundy. I think this would be gorgeous with warm browns or pinks.

One thing about the formula is the claim that they will wear for 24 hours. Although I doubt I'll ever need to wear my eyeshadow for 24 hours, I would expect them to wear for a long time. Without an eyeshadow primer, I experienced AWFUL creasing with these. I was pretty disappointed--they didn't even last 2 hours on my oily eyelids before they disappeared. However, once on top of my trusty primer, mac painterly paint pot. they looked freshly applied all day! They also worked over my nars eyeshadow base primer as well. To be honest, I'm not too surprised I needed a primer (since most things I wear on my eyes will crease without one), so I don't mind the extra primer step in my routine!

I really think these cream eyeshadows are wonderful quality. I love using them alone blended on the lid for a simple look or as a base to make powder eyeshadow pop on top of it! For example, try a taupe eyeshadow over Maybelline's Tough As Taupe and it will really make the color look more vibrant!

I believe they retail for roughly $6--but remember to check your drugstore for coupons and sales so you can get an even better deal on them. They are completely worth checking out--especially if you don't want to shell out more money for Mac Paint Pots or Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadows. Just remember to have a primer on hand in case they crease on you without one!

Have you tried any of the Maybelline Color Tattoos?? What do you think of them?

Comments

  1. I've been eyeing these at the drugstore for a while now, I think it's time I finally pick some up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tough as taupe as well and I love it! It's definitely getting a lot more use than my paint pots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours are gorgeous <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have those two colors and I love them. They didn't crease on my eyes w/o a primer but everyone's eyes are different. Either way I still love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Tough as Taupe and Too Cool (i think it's called) I really like them a lot and want to try new colors!

    www.cutely-whimsical.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have many colours and also have many who are similar to those .But these are looking much attractive over here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been meaning to pick these up at the drugstore, I really like the taupe shade!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bronze Eyeshadow Swatches: Mac Tempting, Urban Decay Smog, Nars Kalahari, & Inglot

Nars Galapagos Swatches and Thoughts

Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush: Lover's Blush