L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow

It's only been a few days into the new year and I've already found an incredible new drugstore product! These are the new L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadows! There has been a lot of buzz about these new eyeshadows because of their similarity to the Giorgio Amarni Eyes to Kill Eyeshadows. I don't own those eyeshadows so I can't compare them, however these L'oreal ones are very, very impressive!
Check them out!

 These are actually the bottom of the pots. They're not the most luxurious packaging, however they do they job! You can easily see what color is inside without having to unscrew every single one!


Inside is a little extra cover/top that I believe is used to keep the shadows pressed and possibly to keep moisture in (just a guess!). These shadows are not your typical powder eyeshadow. They look like a cream shadow but they're actually a pressed pigment!!



L-R Iced Latte, Midnight Blue, Sultry Smoke, Bronzed Taupe
These shadows are soooooooo nice!!! Although they are a pressed pigment, they actually feel like a cream shadow when you touch them. Once you apply them to the skin it is obvious it's a powder--but a very, very smooth and creamy powder. The pigmentation is really quite impressive--I'm always weary of trying drugstore eyeshadows because I've found that the eyeshadows are generally not as pigmented. These really broke that assumption. Here's the colors I got:
Iced Latte- a beautiful warm, shimmery champagne. I cannot resist colors like this!
Midnight Blue-a rich dark blue. the shimmer is really stunning on this one.
Sultry Smoke- this is one of the only mattes I saw (i believe there is a brown one and a cream colored one as well). I don't own any matte grays and I though this one looked really pretty. The texture is wonderful for a matte shadow--it's just as creamy as the other, shimmery ones.
Bronzed Taupe- possibly my favorite! it's exactly that--a taupe with bronze undertones to it. it leans gray, brown, and bronze all at once. it's definitely a must have for taupe lovers ;)

I've only played around with them on my eyes today so I will have to update in upcoming FOTD posts with them! They applied as pigmented to the eyes as they appear in swatches and blended nicely. They claim to last 24 hours without a primer, however I can't imagine ever wearing my eyeshadow for that long! I also ALWAYS wear a primer because my lids are oily. I'm not sure I can attest to the 24 hour claim but I will certainly let you know how these shadows wear!!

I've seen them at a ton of stores near me--Ulta, Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc... It's also incredibly easy to get a good deal on them! I believe they were around 6.99 or 7.99 where I bought mine, however you can always find sales at the drugstore. Look for different coupons and especially buy one get one 50% (or free!) off deals!

What do you think about the L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadows?? Have you tried any of them? If you haven't, I definitely recommend them!! The texture is so unique and the pigmentation is great! Have you discovered any other new makeup items lately?


UPDATE APRIL 2012: although I love the texture and pigmentation of these eyeshadows, they unfortunately do not live up to the long wear claim for my oily eyelids. Without a primer they crease right away and with a primer (I use Nars or Mac Painterly paint pot) they usually last about 5 or six hours on me before creasing. I still really like these shadows but I wouldn't recommend them if you need long wearing eyeshadows and have oily lids! I've been using them for quick outings but not for days where I want my makeup to last all day!

Comments

  1. Wow bronzed taupe looks amazing! I actually have never tried Loreal products before but may have to give these a try... after my nobuy is over >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty happy with the Physicians Formula Happy Booster Lipstick in I <3 Nude. It's not nude at all but it's a lot like MAC LE Ever Hip! Thanks for the swatches, I can't wait to see that blue on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her in Europe they've been released a while now, but only in a few shades tho. I love the pigmentation, but find them tricky to blend. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look amazingg! I must get some

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already wanted Iced Latte but now I want Sultry Smoke too! Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blue also. I purchased it yesterday but now I am wondering how to use it?
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @annabellebronstein i find the best way to use them is to pat them on the lid with a stiff eyeshadow brush or pat it on with your finger!

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower from the beauty blog hop:) These colors look awesome from your swatches. Especially the blue. I haven't tried these before but I might have to check them out. Thanks for the info. Love for you to follow back!

    Kristin@meetmeonthebrightside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just bought 3 colors, iced latte, neverending pearl, and perpetual purple. They are smooth and creamy and apply nicely. Haven't tried them on my eyes yet as I JUST got home with them, but I definitely did some swatches. The purple makes a great liner with an angled liner brush, as well. The sheen is pretty awesome. Can't wait to play around with mine and start stocking up on more colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want this It's so hard to find a nice and affordable eyeshadow containing matte shades... One question: where did you get this? Ebay or another US online shop? Thx in advance ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @fiza_fairy: I've seen them at Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, Ulta--most US drugstores!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bronze Eyeshadow Swatches: Mac Tempting, Urban Decay Smog, Nars Kalahari, & Inglot

Nars Galapagos Swatches and Thoughts

Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush: Lover's Blush