January 2012 Favorites!

I can't believe it's already February! I'm sure everyone says this but time is really flying! I haven't done a "monthly favorites" post in a while so i thought I'd share some products I've really loved throughout the month of January!


Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed: This blush is a really beautiful, flattering nude pink. It has the perfect amount of brown, pink and plum to give a bit of soft definition to you cheeks. I always reach for it when I'm in a rush, have no idea what to wear, or need something that will compliment a strong eye or lip since it goes with anything. Formula is pigmented and long wearing too. It's an amazing blush and really deserves it's own post (will do that soon!!).

Zoya Kelly: I hope you're not getting sick of hearing me talk about Zoya polishes! They are my favorite! I wore Kelly a few times this month. It's a rich bluish-purplish grey--unique enough that I'm never bored of it yet neutral enough that you can wear it with anything and it will be flattering! You can see my post on Kelly HERE!

Mac Patisserie: This lipstick is a really lovely "my lips but better" shade. It's a pink with a hint of brown and matches my lip color perfectly and makes them look smoother and richer. Now that I'm looking at Tarte Exposed and Mac Patisserie side by side, Patisserie actually reminds me of Exposed in lipstick form! It's a great everyday shade for a natural look and the Lustre formula is very comfortable on the lips!

Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Cheers: I have swatches HERE from when I got this in November. It's a bright, creamy raspberry color! I love the colorburst lipgloss formula and the color is very flattering. I like this for a nice pop of color when I don't want to go full out with a bright lipstick!

Covergirl Lashblast Lash Perfection: I NEVER thought I'd the see day--a mascara I like as much as my Covergirl Lashblast volume (orange tube!)??? Yes. I actually don't know which one I like better. I think my original Lashblast may give me a bit more volume, but I like that Lash Perfection gives me volume and a ton of length! Two coats and they're long and defined. I think I prefer it over original Lashblast as an everyday mascara. I don't experience any smudging or flaking either. It's just a fantastic! If you're looking for a new mascara, I definitely recommend trying Lash Perfection or catch a buy one get one free (or 50% off) so you can try out both mascaras! ;)

Boyfriend by Kate Walsh Pulse Point Oil Rollerball: I've gotten really into perfumes the last few months. I believe the concept for this fragrance is to capture the scent of a guy on a girl. That either sounds like it could smell really nice or really questionable. Turns out I really love it. It doesn't smell like "guy" to me really, but it is a very warm and sensual smell. It's spicy, musky, and you can definitely smell warm vanilla. It's very unique! It's not a sweet, girly scent but I still find it very feminine. I just have to be careful not to over apply it because it literally lasts alllll day.  If this sounds like something you'd like, check it out next time you're at a Sephora! I think it's a wonderful fall/winter scent. I also love that I could buy it in rollerball form-- they're less expensive than buying a huge bottle (that I probably won't get through!) and easy to throw in a purse!

L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Iced Latte: You can see my review and swatches of these eyeshadows HERE! Iced Latte is a shimmery, vanilla champagne. It really became my go-to shade when I'm in a rush. I just apply a bit on the lid with my finger or a flat shader brush, add some mascara and I'm good to go. It's perfect for when you're feeling really tired--I think the champagne color really opens up the eyes. I love the infallible eyeshadows but one thing I wanted to note is that they do crease after an hour or two-however, if I wear a primer (which I almost always do!) they last a bit longer!


Mac 286 Brush: This is a duo fibre blending brush that came out a little while ago with the Mac Naturally collection. It's described as a blending brush for sheer application of eyeshadow (specifically mineralized eyeshadow). So far I've been using this to just blend out eyeshadow in the crease or apply a sheer layer of eyeshadow to the lid and I have to say---I am in LOVE with this brush. It blends eyeshadow effortlessly! Look for a review of this brush soon!


That's all for my January favorites!! Have you tried any of them? What did you love this month??

Comments

  1. I NEED mac patisserie! It's one of those lemmings that i've had for years but never pulled the trigger on. Do you have any posts where you're wearing it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice favorites. I had Patisserie before and I really should use Exposed more. I want to try that other Covergirl mascara now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Victoria it's such a pretty simple shade, I say go for it! I'm wearing it in this post with a little bit of gloss over it: http://beautiesinbloom.blogspot.com/2012/01/ive-never-owned-or-really-worn-matte.html

    @Sarah, you should definitely try the CG mascara! I'm so happy to have 2 mascaras I love now! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Exposed! I just got Kelly too and I completely agree that it's neutral but not boring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am lemming Tarte blushes since a couple of weeks now.. you aren't helping me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wanted the loreal shadow but they were all out when I went.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been looking at the Tarte blushes for awhile. I almost bought one...
    http://happychinadoll.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. totally went to walmart today and had to swatch Iced Latte just bc of this post haha... it's AMAZINGLY pretty for a frosty shadow. wow! too bad i'm on a no buy haha. i wish the rest of those infallible shadows were as pigmented as that one. i've swatched a few others (that light, pearl one and the matte grey) and they're not as pretty as iced latte! woo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to say I haven't tried any of these products but they look great! Wheat an awesome Zoya shade! Thanks for the info! I really love following along with your blog so I nominated you for an award :)

    http://meetmeonthebrightside.blogspot.com/2012/02/one-lovely-blog-award.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blog Im now following!
    http://lottie-loves-beauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay finally someone else who likes that shade of lipstick from mac. a lot of my friends think its a waste as it does not show much but it is so pretty.

    following you sweety if you have time check out my blog :)

    http://shimmerglitzandglam.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love MAC's Patisserie, I don't think it's talked about enough!! Oh I've never tried Covergirl's mascaras, we don't have that brand in Ireland:( Sounds amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am head over heels in love with your blog! Your eye looks are amazing :) i´m now a new follower!

    cupcakesandflowers.blogspot.com

    x x x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bronze Eyeshadow Swatches: Mac Tempting, Urban Decay Smog, Nars Kalahari, & Inglot

Nars Galapagos Swatches and Thoughts

Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush: Lover's Blush