MAC Fanfare Lipstick

Last week I did a Back2Mac at the MAC store the other day and decided to get a lipstick! I am a big fan of MAC's paint pots, eyeshadows, blushes, msfn, etc... but I had never tried any of their lipsticks before. I had my mind set on trying out a few of their very popular shades: creme cup, angel, russian red, cosmo, ruby woo, etc... but found that none of them were what I was looking for. I realized after swatching all these colors that what I wanted was an everyday type of lipstick...Fanfare was exactly that for me.

Fanfare is a really pretty "my lips but [a million times] better" medium pink, with a touch of coral. It is also part of the Cremesheen category, so it has a smooth, creamy texture, wonderful pigmentation, and a bit of a sheen to it (definitely no glitter or anything!) It may look boring in the tube, but on my lips it's a perfect medium pink/coral color. The wear is lovely; it's very comfortable on the lips and lasts for a good few hours.




Overall, I think it's a beautiful color and quite underrated--I've never heard any hype around this color. Definitely a lippie to check out if you happen to be at a MAC store!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bronze Eyeshadow Swatches: Mac Tempting, Urban Decay Smog, Nars Kalahari, & Inglot

Nars Galapagos Swatches and Thoughts

Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush: Lover's Blush