Mini Drugstore Haul!

Today I had a few coupons that were set to expire soon, so I stopped by Ulta and Target to use them! I was pleasantly surprised to see that the Ulta near me expanded their NYX section. I've only tried a few of their lipsticks before and I really love them--they're affordable and great quality. So i was really excited when I saw they had a few blushes and various other products in stock. I also had a $2 off a Rimmel product coupon at Target that I used. Here's what I picked up...



-NYX Nude Pink Lip Liner: I usually don't use lip liners, but I decided to try this one out! It's a nice medium mixture of brown/peach/pink. Sort of a "my lips but better" color!

-NYX Thalia Round Lipstick: This is a dusty brown-pink nude color! It is a nice mixture of pink, mauve, and beige. The pigmentation is wonderful and the texture is quite comfortable and creamy on my lips. I really love the formula. I still need to play around with it and see how I like it on my skintone (it swatches nicely but i think it may be a little muddy looking for my skin tone!)

-Rimmel Pink Blush 006 Lipstick: a bright medium pink with blue undertones. I don't have Mac Viva Glam Gaga I, but based on swatches I've seen online it looks pretty similar--I think Gaga is probably brighter. Just like the NYX I find the texture and pigmentation to be great, however there is a slightly fruity smell for those of you who are sensitive to smells (i'm not!). For such a bright, Barbie-like pink I find it really wearable and you can definitely tone it down with a deeper colored gloss.

-NYX Mocha Blush: I'm really impressed! Out of my collection of blushes, this is currently my only drugstore one (I mostly have Nars, Mac, R&R, some tarte stains, etc.). I really think the quality of this blush is fantastic--It's very pigmented and despite being a matte blush, it's not chalky at all. It blends onto my cheeks easily! The name is misleading,the color is not mocha at all....it's a warm pink rosey rapsberry color--it's a pretty nude blush, good for everyday (Mocha is a bit more muted in person than the swatch above shows). The staying power seemed good, it lasted for at least 4 hours today. It's a unique color to my stash but I feel guilty for getting it--I have too many blushes already! lol

Comments

  1. I spotted the NYX display at Ulta a few weeks ago and was also pretty amazed at the quality of most of the items I tested. The single eyeshadows are super soft and highly pigmented...and SO many colors! Oh, and I LOVE their rouge cream blushes. Had to take a few of those home with me. NYX was a very pleasant surprise. Gorgeous palettes, too! Can't wait to try more! Great post, btw. Thanks for all the great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm so glad the swatches are helpful! I've heard such great things about their eyeshadows. I wish my Ulta had more blushes (and cream blushes!) but they were really picked through. Hopefully next time I'll be able to get my hands on more, such a great brand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so beautiful every colour is quite awesome specially pink one :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bronze Eyeshadow Swatches: Mac Tempting, Urban Decay Smog, Nars Kalahari, & Inglot

Nars Galapagos Swatches and Thoughts

Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush: Lover's Blush