Rock and Republic Haul & Swatches from Hautelook

I ordered some R&R eyeshadows and their blending blush off of Hautelook last month and it finally came today! I had such a hard time choosing colors since EVERYTHING was on sale, but here's what I ended up picking...

Blending brush! It's very very soft and a perfect size for blending the crease!


-Tempting is a really pretty shimmery medium toned lavender purple with a touch of gray in it. It's a very, very unique taupey purple!
-Diffused is medium/light taupe brown (i love all shades of taupe as you can see haha!) It's a perfect everyday brown, I think this will be perfect on the lid or in the crease. It also has a very subtle gold shimmer in it. Beautiful!
-Skintight is a very shimmery cream color with a touch of gold. Lovely highlight or lid color!
-Snakeskin is a really complex color. it's the perfect mixture of grey, green, brown, and gold. I can't even tell if it's warm or cool, but this color will be gorgeous for a smokey eye!

Here's some more swatches and comparisons with some other eyeshadows I own...

I didn't really have anything comparable to Diffused. It's more brown than satin taupe and darker and more gray than Patina!

Tempting is probably closest to the taupe "lap dance" from the Too Faced Naked Eye Palette, but Lap Dance is a bit more gray and much more shimmery. As you can see from the picture, it has more gray and taupe in it than the rest of the other purples.

Had a hard time getting a good picture of Skintight. I think it's a tie between Femme Fi and Skintight for my favorite skin toned/highlight eyeshadow. Skintight is more cream than gold when compared to Femme Fi while shroom runs more peach and Virgin runs more white!
Lastly, Snakeskin is completely unique to my collection. In the pan I thought it would appear much more olivey green on my skin, but it's definitely a complex mixture that I didn't have anything to really compare it to. Nars Nouveau Monde is much more green, Mac Henna is more gold, and Urban Decay Darkhorse is more true brown!


I hope these swatches were helpful! If you can get your hands on some of the Rock and Republic eyeshadows you won't be disappointed. They are buttery smooth and incredibly pigmented! They also blend beautifully. I'll do some looks with them soon!

Let me know what you think about them or if you have any favorite R&R eyeshadows! ***and note to self, I am NOT allowed to buy anymore eyeshadow!!!

Comments

  1. Too bad they don't ship internationally, the color you picked look really pretty. Looking forward to a look with them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bronze Eyeshadow Swatches: Mac Tempting, Urban Decay Smog, Nars Kalahari, & Inglot

Nars Galapagos Swatches and Thoughts

Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush: Lover's Blush